Hi and happy Monday! I hope your day is going well!! I made a new recipe today. Its from the Weight Watchers Points Plus 2012 Ready, Set, Go! Cookbook. Its called Two Grain-Stuffed Peppers and it looked like this:
I must admit I am not the best at photographing food - but at least my food is tasty!! Anyways, here is the recipe:
Two Grain-Stuffed Peppers
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 and spray an 8x12 pan with nonstick spray
2. Saute one chopped onion until softened. Add 1 cup water, 1/3 cup rice, 1/3 cup amaranth. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 25 min - until liquid is absorbed.
3. Add 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed, 1 chopped jalapeno, salt and pepper to grains - stir!
4. Spoon mixture into bell pepper halves (original recipe called for 2 large bell peppers - I used 3 medium and still had a few spoonfuls leftover). Place peppers in baking pan and bake for aprox. 30 min until peppers are soft and filling is hot!
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese. I used Sargento thin slice cheese.
I was not feeling to great this morning (perhaps I am getting sick) so I didn't do much else today. After yoga and zumba I was feeling run down so I decided to take it easy. I did find some time to finish some post card backgrounds though:
It took a lot of layers over several days but I really like how they turned out!! Next up is putting images and/or phrases on them. I really enjoy making post cards. 4x6 is the perfect size - not too small, but not too large; and its like art journaling but for sending to someone else. Knowing that you might bring a smile to some one's day or help them though a rough time is great.
Lastly, The two lucky people who's names have been drawn and will receive an original mixed media piece from me in the mail (as long as you give me your mailing address!) are:
Laurie & Juliea Dunnit!!
So, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your info!!
Well friends, that is all I have for now.