Hey there, happy WOYWW! What's on my desk this week??
My design final!!! I am still working on it. The top 1/2 of the 2nd layer is currently drying. Tomorrow (probably) I will do the other 1/2 of the 2nd layer and I will be done!!! I am so glad this project finally started to work out.
I started off trying to do this project as water, TP and wood glue. Here are my experiments:
Neither one of those was working like I wanted and they were taking a long time (2 weeks) to dry. Next I tried water and TP only
but it took forever to dry as well. My teacher suggested smaller forms of water and tp and just glue them together:
They took a week to dry.
I was running out of time!! My final is due to be turned in on Monday. So, after much research I decided to use metal mesh to make an armature and put the paste combo on top of it. I decided to use this paper clay recipe (BTW that website has lots of awesome paper mache info!). I didn't follow the directions entirely because I was mixing by hand not with a mixer, but it turned out good - better than I had expected. It dried completely in about a day and a half - way better than 2 weeks! I am so glad I tried this mixture. Its very interesting. I am thinking that over the summer I will probably do some more with this mixture.
If you want to see more desks then go over to Stamping Ground and check out all the WOYWW links!! Thanks for stopping by to see me - have a great day!